March 22, 2013

La La Land Shadow Box

Hi Everyone!!

Its time for another turn at La La Land's Inspirational Friday! This week's wonderful theme is Alter something.... ALWAYS heaps of fun!!

Lucky for me, I received my DT kit from Irina full of gorgeous and wonderful crafty bits and bobs and one of those was this Gorgeous Carousel Horse Shadow Box!  Take a look!


It was super easy to put together, but you would need to "think" about it before actually gluing the bits in... like how are you going to decorate it? Much easier to decorate with patterned paper before you actually put all the pieces together!  

So I painted mine, with some Distress Crackle Paint, and  Viva Precious Metal Colours - Mother of Pearl, Silver and Rose.  I distressed a few of the edges with some Walnut stain as it was just a wee bit toooooo white!

Below is a bit of a inside view of the box....


You can see I have used a bunch of La La Land Dies.... there is: Heart Banner, Heart Fence, Butterfly, Berry Flourish, Large Rolled Rose, Small and Medium Rolled Rose!! WOW..... 


Here is a view of the other side.  My Carousel Horse is also painted with Distress Crackle Paint and Viva Metal Colours... the Silver and Rose.  I have also distressed a little with some Walnut stain.


Here is a close up of Koala Marci! I have coloured her with my copics.  My little resin bird is from Prima and I have also used some yummy Prima flowers.  My patterned paper is brand new from My Minds Eye.

Thanks for looking!!

Skin: E13, E0000, E00, E11, R20
Hair: E50, E53, E57, E31
Clothes: T5, T4, T3, T2, T1, R30, R11, RV34, RV32, RV52, RV000


5 comments:

  1. OMG Karen..., this is absolutely GORGEOUS - love, love, love it !!!
    Big hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh just stunning!!! her little freckles are adorable. love all of the bits and pieces...a gorgeous design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Karen, love the bird and fabulous papers, fabulous shadow box and image.. just love everything...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Amazing, Wonderful OMG what Creativity! Loooove it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)