April 12, 2017

Be a Flamingo


Today I have a little Mixed Media canvas to show you.  I found this at Spotlight in the fabulous finds for $5... bargain!

So I decided to use a couple of Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical shakers on it, they are the Oom pah pah pink, Cuckoo Clock Cardinal, and a tiny bit of Oktoberfest Orange.

My little canvas is meant to be water resist on the "Be a Flamingo in a flock of Pigeons" but it didn't really work so well with the magicals. I'm pretty sure the colour leaked underneath the water resist.  So you could see it, but it wasn't how it was meant to be. So to fix it and make it better I decided to emboss with some WOW pearl gold embossing powder. I got the powder to stick by using my Versa Marker watermark pen it worked a treat. I just had to be careful when I used it so I got a good definition on the letters.

So my photo isn't that great, it is a dull day here in Tassie today, but my canvas really is rather pretty with its bit of shimmer. Hope you like it, as much as me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)